The moment has come to make a wonderful transfer so you don’t lose your priceless contacts if you switched devices, whether you went with an iPhone or an Android. These are the techniques to achieve it.
We often are not aware of the greater value of our interactions. Two gadgets, an iPhone or an Android, are in your hands, and one of the first things you want to do is carry them. This is true whether you got a new smartphone as a present from family or friends or opted to buy one for yourself this year.
Depending on how you decide to transfer the contacts, switching from an iPhone to an Android or wanting to use two phones at once might take a few seconds to several minutes.
Additionally, although swapping SIM cards used to be enough to transfer contacts, you’ll likely need to manually migrate the data today. Fortunately, there are a few simple methods to do it:
How To Use Google Drive To Move Contacts From An iPhone To An Android Device
You may move each contact to your new Android smartphone by syncing your contacts with Google Drive:
- Obtain the Google Drive app for your iPhone and log in using the Google account you want to use on your Android device.
- Tap Settings after tapping the three bars in the top left corner.
- Select Backup. If you don’t see this choice, your company presumably has set limits on the information you may share with Google.
- On the new screen, click Contacts. Verify that the checkbox is selected, then click Start Backup. Depending on how many contacts you have and if you want to back up other data as well, including calendar images, this might take some time.
- After backups, login into your Android phone using the same Google account. Your contacts will all be moved.
How To Use Google Drive To Move Contacts From An Android Phone To An iPhone
You may use Google Drive to move your contacts from your old cellphone to your new iPhone.
- Verify Google has synchronised your Android contacts. Go to Settings > Google > Accounts > Sync to do this.
- Next, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Locate “Passwords & Accounts” by swiping down.
- If you haven’t already, tap “Add Account” and enter your Google Account information.
- When creating the account, be sure to allow Contacts.
- Your contacts will start to show up in the Contacts app on your iPhone after the account has been set up.
How To Use Gmail To Move Contacts From An iPhone To An Android Device
Contacts may also be synced with Gmail. But only the contacts associated with your Gmail account will be transferred. Also keep in mind that in order to accomplish this, your iPhone must first have a Gmail account enabled.
- Tap the Mail option in the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select the Gmail account you wish to use on your Android by tapping Accounts.
- Verify that the Contacts option is turned on on the new page.
- Next, sign in using the same Gmail account on your Android phone. This Gmail account’s contacts should automatically “load.”
How To Use Gmail To Move Contacts From An Android Phone To An iPhone
Try the following to transfer the same approach from your previous Android to your new iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device, look for the Google tab, hit Backup, and confirm that Contacts is set to sync.
- Visit your iPhone when the backup sync is complete. Enter your Gmail login information in Mail > Accounts > Add > Account settings. Your iPhone should instantly begin syncing and importing contacts from your Google account.
Sync Contacts Between The Old And New Smartphones
You may also attempt transferring your contacts using a specific programme that you will need to instal on both smartphones.
Commonly used methods of connection include Bluetooth, NFC, or Wi-Fi.
Try vCard, sometimes referred to as the. A common file format for keeping contact information is VCF. They are the best format for transferring contacts since they can be read by both Android and iPhone devices.
- From the iPhone to Android Open the Settings app on your iPhone, then touch your name towards the top.
- Tap iCloud, then check that Contacts is listed among the programmes that are enabled.
- Go to icloud.com on your Android smartphone and sign in with your iCloud credentials.
- Select the Desktop website by tapping the three dots in the top-right corner of Chrome after logging in.
- Choose Contacts in the new iCloud desktop app, and then hit the little gear button in the bottom left.
- Tap Select All, then select Export vCard from the option that appears.
- The VCF will download to your mobile device, My Files, Files by Google, or a comparable service. Open the file in the files app.
- Tap OK when prompted to import the contacts.
From The iPhone To Android. Open The Contacts App On Your Android Device
- To access the menu, hit the three dots in the top right corner of the screen. After that, choose Share.
- Decide which contacts you wish to move to.
- Tap Share when you’re finished.
- Select the method you wish to use to deliver the VCF file to your iPhone. A quick tip: Sending the file by email or text message should be the simplest choice.
- Open the VCF file on your iPhone and choose to add the contacts to your phone.